Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Embrace the Odd

            Judging is so easy, isn’t it? If you don’t do an activity for some moral reason, you think less of those who do. If you belong to a certain group you view as superior to others, you are critical of those who don't.
            Why? The simple reason is that we only know… what we know. I know I kinda sound stupid saying that, but those who are different… are different. I knew I graduated the second grade for a reason. These are deeply profound statements.
            We are comfortable with what we know. Those who are different than us make us think. They challenge what we’ve never given a second thought to. They prod us to look at what makes us, us. They often shine a mirror on us, and sometimes we don’t like what we see.
            This post is more reflective than suggestive. I noticed something and wrote about it. I guess I’ll try to make it practical in some way.
            Embrace differences in your situations. The chatter-boxes and the extreme introverts. The goofballs and the serious. The contemplative and the flippant. All types are needed in life; each has its shining moments. Don’t think less of someone because they are odd to you. Or believe different things than you do. Get to know ‘em, and who knows? They might be your next good friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment