Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Through the Pain

            Hi guys! I’m Katie, one of Nathan’s friends from the church he attends. I just wanted to write this post to help others who may be struggling with physical pain in their life, because I can relate to that. I’ve struggled with migraines and severe neck pain for 6 or 7 years now, and I have to admit I’ve fought with hopelessness and despondency at times. I often wonder if I’ll ever get better. Over the years, I’ve tried different ways of coping with pain, and I want to share with you my struggles and what I’ve learned.
            It’s been so long that I’ve had these problems, and there have been no answers to date. I’ve visited doctor after doctor, and no one has been able to help me. Is there an answer? I don’t know, and sometimes I’ve given up hope that doctors can heal me. It’s hard trusting God for answers. I sometimes feel like I’m going to be stuck like this forever, and I very well may be. But that’s not what I need to focus on. I try to take the focus off of myself and my pain, and I try to put it on God and all the amazing things He’s done for me.
            My advice for people who are feeling down is to, first and foremost, seek God. You’ll get nowhere without Him. I’ve been so blessed, and it’s only right that God should use me to glorify Him. God doesn’t promise us an easy life, but He does promise us a great future if we’ve put our trust in Him. And that’s something to hold onto for those painful times.
            My life verse which I always come to when I’m feeling down is John 16:33. In it, Jesus says, “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” It’s so encouraging to me. No matter what happens to me, I’m not to worry. I’m to have peace. Because my Savior has overcome the world and all the bad stuff in it, and that’s pretty comforting to know.
            God obviously allowed this pain in my life for a reason, even though I don’t know why right now. I just have to believe that something good will come out of it. Maybe sharing my struggles and thoughts will encourage those going through tough times themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment