Friday, September 19, 2014

3-D

            So recently I talked to two amazingly mature people. It was refreshing and I came away energized and excited. Earlier today I thought about those conversations. I talk to many people. What was so different about them?
            It hit me like a brick.
            There was a depth to them. They cared about life and God. It showed. They cared about me. They saw things from different vantage points. They were honest and stated their opinions, but they were kind and listened to mine.
            They were 3-D.

Get Your Glasses

            What do I mean? As humans, we care about ourselves and what we want. We look out for ourselves and our interests and what we think is best for us. That’s the first dimension.
            If this is where you end, you are one dimensional, or 1-D. You don’t care for what others think; you are living for yourself. These are the narcissists. This is me when I’m being selfish. This dimension is called You.
            However, there is a second dimension. This dimension is what I call Others. The people that live in this dimension as well not only look out for what’s best for them, but also the interests of those around them. They care about you, too, not just themselves. They are 2-D.
            These people are understanding. They see things with more depth than those who are 1-D because they take into account others around them. These people are more selfless.
            But wait, there’s another dimension.

The World in Many Ways

            There’s more to my existence than myself and others. God deserves His rightful place. He’s the third dimension.
             People who are 3-D are deep. They take into account God’s thoughts and views when shaping their thoughts and actions. They look out for themselves. They also love others and take their views into account. But above all, they do what’s best for the Kingdom of God.
            Their thoughts are layered. They see things others do not because God’s wisdom is powerfully illuminating.

Summary

             For those of you who are more visually-oriented, imagine a circle. That’s You. Then imagine a second circle (Others) partly overlapping the first one. Finally, imagine a third circle (God) overlapping the other two, olympics-style. You are 3-D if you have all these dimensions.
            This explains why I came away with the feelings I did. I talked to these people and they were amazingly deep. Their thoughts were so mature, and they were very wise. They saw the world in different ways, in several dimensions. It was refreshing.
           Are you 3-D?

No comments:

Post a Comment