Sunday, September 21, 2014

We Deserve

            As I was reading Psalm 21, I was humming along … until I got to verse four. Instantly tears came to my eyes. I became very emotional and I didn’t know why. So I read and reread it trying to figure out what was up. Here it is (David is the “he”, and God is the “thee/thou”):
            “He asked life of thee,  and thou gavest it (to) him, even length of days for ever and ever” (KJV).
            Eventually I came to understand that my feeling was one of thankfulness.
            David “only” asked God for life. God said, “You know what? I’m going to give you eternity.” When we cry out for Jesus to “just” save us, He says, “You know what? I’m not only going to forgive your rebellion against me, I’m going to give you an everlasting future of complete and utter joy with Me.”
            This was confirmed by the verses around that one. God goes above and beyond to give us all amazing lives. Why? I don’t know; all I can say is that He loves me. I haven’t done anything for Him.
            So go around and think about that one. Not “only” has God forgiven you, He’s given you so much more. Friends, family, houses, cars, education, EVERYTHING. Look at your life and realize how blessed we are. It’s more than we deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment